Health Benefits of Quitting Smoking
There are many reasons why quitting smoking will be one of the best things you have ever done. The benefits of this decision will last a lifetime.
Here are just a few of these benefits you will experience:
- 20 Minutes after your last cigarette your body temperature, blood pressure, and pulse begin to normalise.
- In 12 Hours your oxygen levels normalise and your carbon monoxide levels lower..
- In 24 Hours your chance of a heart attack decreases due to improved cardiac output and circulation. Your fine motor co-ordination also improves.
- In 48 Hours your nerve endings begin to regenerate, which increases your sense of smell and taste.
- In 72 Hours your bronchial tubes begin to relax which increases your lung capacity.
- In 2-3 Months your circulation and stamina improves significantly.
- In 1-9 Months coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath decrease. Your immune system and energy improves significantly.
- In 1 Year your chance of heart disease decreases by 90%.
- In 10-15 Years your risk of lung, throat, and tongue cancer will be the same as if you never smoked.